Monday, May 17, 2010

Woodpecker ~ Tuesdays' Show & Tail

It's Tuesday! On Tuesday everyone is welcome to join in on Tuesdays' Show & Tail! All you need to do is post a picture of two of your pets, wildlife or visit to the zoo and tell a little about them! Please visit our host Angela ~ my Mom ~ at West Virginia Treasures to see all of the other's who are participating in this weekly event!









These are pictures I took at my Granny's of a Woodpecker eating suet from a feeder. I think it is a pretty bird
.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tuesdays' Show & Tail Maria!

    What a beautiful picture you took while we were at Granny's house! I love Woodpeckers!

    Thanks for sharing your pictures with us this week!

    Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures! Glad you joined in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too, but have you ever had one knock on your house? Sounds painful, but it is a mating call. Ouch. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have several woodpeckers in our yard, I love watching them, I am still trying to get a good picture but they stay high in the trees and when they do fly down they are constantly moving.
    Great shots.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think woodpeckers are fun to watch. I usually hear them before I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a pretty bird and you got some good pictures of him, too! I've only seen one woodpecker here in the 20 years that we've lived here. We've got lots of other pretty birds, but even the one I saw isn't as nicely colored and marked as the one in your picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!